Please ensure you’re using the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer is not supported.
If you need help completing the application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call out Loan Application Hotline at 786-605-8585
COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Forgivable Loan Program
Loans will be up to $25,000 with a 0% interest rate and no origination fees. Eligible borrowers will have no more than 25 employees. The company must retain employees in their permanent jobs.
The goal of the program is to maintain and strengthen small businesses in Miami, Florida, and to provide financial support needed to retain jobs, of which 51% must be held by low to moderate-income persons. After twelve (12) months from the date of approval for assistance, the borrower will be deemed to have met the requirements of the program and the loan will be satisfied so long as the employer can show documentation that no jobs have been lost. The jobs must be retained for at least one year. If the jobs are not retained, the business will be required to repay the loan. The repayment may be a pro-rate share of the loan if some and not all the jobs are retained.
Who Is Eligible?
A business may qualify by meeting the following criteria:
- Business is a for-profit located and operating in Miami Dade County
- Business must not have been approved or received funds from any institution under the Paycheck Protection Program Loan (PPP)
- Jobs created or retained by the assisted business may also be presumed to be low- and moderate-income (LMI) if the job and business are located in an area that:
- Has a 20% poverty rate (30% poverty rate if the area includes the central business district) and the area evidences pervasive poverty and general distress; or
- Is part of a federally designated Empowerment Zone or Enterprise Community; and
- The jobs will be located in a qualifying area
- HUD eligible businesses
Use of Funds
Loans can be used for expenditures that will allow the business to remain feasible and cover expenses for up to three months. Such expenses include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Rent (executed lease agreement must be attached)
- Salaries of current employees based on payroll register
- Personal protective equipment
- Payment of all expenses needed to keep the business safely operational, meeting all local, state, and federal requirements, i.e. utilities, licenses, insurance, etc.
- New construction
- Vehicle purchases
- Repayment of outstanding business loans
- Payment of federal tax liens